ICMA México/Latinoamérica (ICMA-ML) seeks a deputy director for a two and half year public sector ethics project in Mexico. This project aims to support subnational governments to establish an anticorruption system based on the promotion and enforcement of ethical conducts. The ideal candidate will have experience working on international donor-funded programs, preferably with a focus on subnational government capacity-building. The deputy director will provide operational oversight of project activities including monitoring and evaluation, reporting, communications, logistics, procurement, financial management and budgeting. S/he will lead the development of reports for the client (USAID) and other Project communications and oversee compliance. S/he will also act as human resource director for the Project and supervise Project operational and administrative staff. The deputy director will report to project´s director and will be based in Zapopan, Jalisco
- Oversee financial management, budgeting, procurement and logistics, and directly supervise Project’s finance and administration staff as well as monitoring and evaluation (M&E) component
- Assist Project Director with report writing and formal communication with donor, partners and other entities involved
- Manage human resources
- Ensure compliance with USAID regulations
- Lead development of financial and M&E reports for USAID and project communications
- Advanced degree in management preferred.
- Minimum seven years of professional experience in managing projects, including project operations, implementing work plans and M&E Plans, controlling and tracking finances, and managing a team required.
- Experience with USAID policies, procedures, and systems preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity required.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills required.
- Fluency in written and oral English and Spanish required.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Experience working in the public sector
- Technical expertise in behavioral conduct or ethics
Please submit a formal letter of interest that includes why you are a suitable candidate for the position, your CV (without photograph or personal information such as date of birth, age, civil status, family members, among other similar details), and three recent professional references to email@example.com. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and only applications in English will be accepted.
ICMA-ML is a local association affiliated with the INTERNATIONAL CITY / COUNTY MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATON (ICMA), with headquarters in Washington DC. The mission of ICMA, and therefore of ICMA-ML, is to promote governance through the professionalization of local governments. ICMA has developed more than 500 programs and projects around the world and has been present in Mexico since 1992 with various programs and through ICMA-ML since 2004, having its office in Zapopan, Jalisco. Since then, ICMA-ML has executed more than 50 programs and projects with Mexican public entities, and even Latin American and international organization, of very diverse profile. For more information visit www.icmaml.org
send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org